Everyone could use some help from time to time, or just a friendly reminder, especially for something that you are expecting to do at least twice per day. Your mouth needs maintenance, just like your house and your car need to function properly. The same thing goes for your teeth and smile. If you want your smile to look and function well, check out the list of easy to remember tips that you can incorporate into your normal oral hygiene routine.
Tip For Maintaining An Excellent Smile
- First and foremost is properly cleaning your teeth, and it all begins with brushing at least twice per day and at least for two minutes per day. A good way to ensure that you are brushing for at least two minutes per session is to invest in a timer. Try sitting the timer on your vanity, or try an electric toothbrush that has a built-in timer. Most electric toothbrushes on the market today feature a built-in timer.
- Second, on the list would be flossing, as flossing will help get rid of any built-up plaque or food that has been wedged in between your teeth. Flossing will also help reduce your risk of gingivitis.
- Another excellent form of cleaning would be to try some mouthwash after you brush and floss. Mouthwash will not only have your breath smelling fresh, but it will also rinse away anything missed during brushing and flossing.
- Do Not Forget Your Tongue
- Bacteria can find places to rest and grow on your tongue as well. You can also try using a tongue scraper as this will ensure that you remove bacteria on your tongue.
- Regular Visits To Our Office
- Visiting our office for regular visits is imperative to your oral health success, as during these visits we will perform a professional cleaning that will help us remove anything that you may have missed during your routine. Also, we will be able to find any potential concerns before they become a serious dental issue.
Schedule an Appointment
There is always room for improvement, especially when it comes to keeping your mouth clean and Dr. Dean can help. Schedule a consultation to see what he can do for you.