All-On-Four® Dental Implants in Plano, TX by D. Bradley Dean, DDS, MS
With the All-On-Four technique, it is now possible to have a new smile in just one visit to our Plano, TX dentist office.
All on Four® is a dental implant technique that requires as few as four dental implants to secure a full arch of teeth. Combining modern dental technology and precise pre-treatment planning, Dr. Bradley Dean can provide dental implant secured dentures to patients who were once unable to receive dental implants.
Patients with compromised bone structure can now enjoy the long-term benefits of dental implants.
Some people who currently wear dentures are unhappy with how they look and feel. Dentures do not allow some people to eat or speak comfortably. Most denture wearers tell us that they don’t smile as much as they used to because they are afraid the dentures will slip, or that others will notice their dentures.
The use of dental implants has developed in recent years to offer new techniques like All-on-4 dental implants to address a larger number of patients with missing teeth and poor-fitting dentures.
Is All-on-4 right for me?
This method of replacing missing teeth is recommended for patients who need all or most of their teeth replaced and who suffer from low bone volume. Since no bone graft is needed for All-on-4, it is recommended for people suffering from diabetes or osteoporosis who are unable to undergo a bone graft.
Dr. Dean will need to do a comprehensive evaluation to determine if you qualify for All-on-4 implants. Age is generally not a factor in having the procedure done.
How is this different from an implant-supported denture?
The All-On-Four technique places only four dental implants at a precise angle and optimizes any healthy bone tissue. A traditional denture implant uses anywhere from six to eight implants.
For many patients, this technique eliminates the need for bone grafting and you can have any necessary teeth removed, implants placed, and a temporary dental restoration fit all in one surgery. This saves patients time and months of healing time. All-on-4 implants also save the patients money.
This is because fewer implants are required and the entire process is done at one time. All-on-4 offers the same durability and support as a regular denture implant but with fewer implants and a faster treatment time.
All On Four® Treatment Planning
- Consultation: Your initial visit will include a consultation with Dr. Dean to discuss your specific needs and goals. Dr. Dean will assess your oral health to determine if you are a candidate for All-On-Four.
- 3D CAT Scanning and Cone Beam Scanner: Using state-of-the art digital dental technology, the surgery is carefully planned. Dr. Dean will determine the precise angle and location implants will be placed determined on the health and integrity of the bone.
- Impressions:On this visit, Dr. Dean will create molds of the mouth. The molds will be used to fabricate a dental restoration that will be attached to the implants. A bridge or denture will be made from high-quality ceramic for a durable and natural new smile.
- Education: Our highly trained education consultants provide feedback and information for each patient. We provide each patient with comprehensive post-surgery instructions for a safe, successful recovery.
All On Four can often be completed in as little as one visit to our Plano, TX dentist office. This is possible due to precise and extensive planning. Dr. Dean uses state of the art digital dental technology to determine the specific angle and location the implants need to be placed for long term success.
The All-On-Four Procedure
All-On-Four is performed under dental sedation for the optimal comfort of our patients. Sedation options will be discussed prior to treatment and will be closely monitored during the procedure.
The procedure will begin with any necessary tooth extractions. Damaged, decayed, or compromised teeth are removed to make space for the dental restoration and to improve the patient’s oral health.
Then the dental implants are placed. Dr. Dean will place 4 dental implants depending on the patient’s needs. Dr. Dean may fit the patient with a temporary dental restoration during the initial treatment so that the patient is able to eat and speak normally.
The implants will take 3-6 months to fully heal. During this time the implants will begin to integrate with the jaw, creating a permanent and secure bond. When the dental implants have fully integrated with the jaw bone, the temporary restoration will be removed, and the final custom designed and permanent restoration will be secured.
Benefits of All-On-Four®
Implant secured dentures provide long term oral health benefits. Dental implants are the most natural and secure way to replace missing teeth. Patients enjoy a natural function and looking smile and prevent further deterioration of their bite. They can also help patients to enjoy improved confidence and allow for a more fulfilling social and professional life.
Benefits of Implant Secured Dentures:
- Fewer implants and less additional treatments and visits to the dentist usually mean lower cost.
- Faster treatment and healing time.
- Reduce the need for bone grafting. The special tilting of two of the implants ensures a secure and stable anchorage for the replaced arch, typically making bone grafting unnecessary.
- Provides natural function and appearance. Dental implant secured dentures look, feel and function like natural teeth. Dental implants allow for almost full natural bite function.
- Helps support bone structure and facial integrity. All on Four allows patients to enjoy the added benefit of securing the natural integrity of the healthy bone tissue. Implants fuse with the jaw bone and prevent further deterioration.
Patients with compromised bone structure were once unable to receive dental implants with out extensive bone grafting. All-on-Four allows patients with compromised bone tissue to enjoy the long term benefits of dental implants.
Schedule A Consultation Today
Do not spend your life feeling self-conscious of your smile. People who smile more often are proven to live more fulfilling, healthier lives. If you have a full set of missing teeth, Dr. Dean provides consultations for All-on-Four dental implants. Schedule an appointment today with Dr. Dean. He and his knowledgeable staff will discuss your oral health, dental concerns, and budget to see if All-on-Four dental implants are the right choice for you.
Learn More About Dental Implants:
- Dental Implants in Plano, TX
- What Are Dental Implants?
- Dental Implants Process
- Dental Implants FAQ
- Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental Implants vs Dentures
- Cost of Dental Implants
- Types of Dental Implants
- Zygoma Dental Implants
- Implant Dentures
- Single Dental Implants
- Dental Implants for Multiple Missing Teeth
- Emergency Dental Implants