All-On-Four® Dental Implants in Plano, TX by D. Bradley Dean, DDS, MS
The All-On-Four technique will restore your smile in just one visit to our Plano, TX dentist office.
All on Four® is a tooth replacement treatment that requires as few as four dental implants to secure a full arch of teeth. Combining modern dental technology and precise pre-treatment planning, Dr. Bradley Dean can provide dental implant secured dentures to patients who were once unable to receive dental implants.
Patients who suffer from bone loss can now enjoy the long-term benefits of dental implants.
Some people who currently wear dentures are unhappy with how they look and feel. Dentures do not allow some people to eat or speak comfortably. Most denture wearers tell us that they don’t smile as much as they used to because they are afraid the dentures will slip, or that others will notice their dentures.
The use of dental implants has developed in recent years to offer new techniques. The All-on-4 treatment can address a larger number of patients with missing teeth and poor fitting dentures.
How is this different from an implant-supported denture?
The All-On-Four technique places only four dental implants at a precise angle and optimizes any healthy bone tissue. A traditional denture implant uses anywhere from six to eight implants.
For many patients, this technique eliminates the need for bone grafting and you can have any necessary teeth removed, implants placed, and a temporary dental restoration fit all in one surgery. This saves patients time and months of healing time. All-on-4 implants also save the patients money.
This is because the procedure requires fewer implants and your dentist can do the entire process at one time. All-on-4 offers the same durability and support as a regular denture implant but with fewer implants and a faster treatment time.
All On Four® Treatment Planning
- Consultation: Your initial visit will include a consultation with Dr. Dean to discuss your specific needs and goals. Dr. Dean will assess your oral health to determine if you are a candidate for All-On-Four.
- 3D CAT Scanning and Cone Beam Scanner: Using state-of-the art digital dental technology, we will carefully plan the surgery Dr. Dean will determine the precise angle and location to place the implants. He determines this based on the health and integrity of the bone.
- Impressions: On this visit, Dr. Dean will create molds of the mouth. A dental lab will use the molds to fabricate a dental restoration that will attach to the implants. They make dental bridges and dentures from high-quality ceramic for a durable and natural new smile.
- Education: Our highly trained education consultants provide feedback and information for each patient. We provide each patient with comprehensive post surgery instructions for a safe, successful recovery.
We can complete All On Four in as little as one visit to our Plano, TX dentist office. This is possible due to precise and extensive planning. Dr. Dean uses state of the art digital dental technology. This helps him determine the specific angle and location to place the implants for long term success.
The All-On-Four Procedure
Your dentist will perform the All-On-Four under dental sedation for the optimal comfort of our patients. We will discuss sedation options prior to treatment. During the procedure, our staff will closely monitor you.
The procedure will begin with any necessary tooth extractions. Damaged, decayed, or compromised teeth are removed to make space for the dental restoration and to improve the patient’s oral health.
Then Dr. Dean will place the dental implants during an oral surgery. He will place 4 dental implants depending on the patient’s needs. Dr. Dean may fit the patient with a temporary dental restoration during the initial treatment so that the patient is able to eat and speak normally.
The implants will take 3-6 months to fully heal. During this time the implants will begin to integrate with the jaw, creating a permanent and secure bond. When the dental implants have fully integrated with the jaw bone, we will remove the temporary restoration, and then secure the final restoration.
Benefits of All-On-Four®
Implant secured dentures provide long term oral health benefits. Dental implants are the most natural and secure way to replace missing teeth. Patients enjoy a natural function and looking smile and prevent further deterioration of their bite. They can also help patients to enjoy improved confidence and allow for a more fulfilling social and professional life.
Benefits of Implant Secured Dentures:
- Fewer implants and less additional treatments and visits to the dentist usually mean lower cost.
- Faster treatment and healing time.
- Reduce the need for bone grafting. The special tilting of two of the implants ensures a secure and stable anchorage for the replaced arch, typically making bone grafting unnecessary.
- Provides natural function and appearance. Dental implant secured dentures look, feel and function like natural teeth. Dental implants allow for almost full natural bite function.
- Helps support bone structure and facial integrity. All on Four allows patients to enjoy the added benefit of securing the natural integrity of the healthy bone tissue. Implants fuse with the jaw bone and prevent further deterioration.
Patients with compromised bone structure were once unable to receive dental implants with out extensive bone grafting. All-on-Four allows patients with compromised bone tissue to enjoy the long term benefits of dental implants.
How long does it take to get used to All-on-4?
For most patients it takes about six months to a year to adapt to All-on-4, as opposed to traditional dentures that take about eight months to adjust to. The healing process for All-on-4 begins as soon as they are placed.
Do you brush All-on-4 dental implants?
When brushing All-on-4 dental implants, we recommend using a soft bristled toothbrush, and brushing at least twice a day. You should care for your All-on-4 the same you would for your natural teeth. It is also important to brush your gums where your All-on-4 meets, because they are extra prone to irritation and gum disease.
Are All-on-4 comfortable?
All-on-4 are designed for comfort. They do not press down on your gums like traditional dentures do, and allow for increased comfort while eating and drinking.
Does food get under All-on-4 implants?
It is possible for food to get stuck under All-on-4, however it is unlikely. If food gets stuck under your All-on-4, it can typically be removed using a waterpik. If you cannot remove it yourself, call our office and we can help.
Is All-on-4 right for me?
We recommend this tooth replacement method for patients who need all or most of their teeth replaced and who suffer from low bone volume. Since you will not need a bone graft for All-on-4, we suggest this option for people suffering from diabetes or osteoporosis who cannot have procedures like that.
Is All-on-4 a major surgery?
All-on-4 is not a major surgery. It is considered to be a minimally invasive surgery, since no bone grafting is required. All-on-4 has a 98% success rate.
Schedule A Consultation Today
Do not spend your life feeling self-conscious of your smile. People who smile more often will live more fulfilling, healthier lives. If you have a full set of missing teeth, Dr. Dean provides consultations for All-on-Four dental implants. Schedule an appointment today with Dr. Dean. He and his knowledgeable staff will discuss your oral health, dental concerns, and budget to see if All-on-Four dental implants are the right choice for you.
Learn More About Dental Implants:
- Dental Implants in Plano, TX
- What Are Dental Implants?
- Dental Implants Process
- Dental Implants FAQ
- Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental Implants vs Dentures
- Cost of Dental Implants
- Types of Dental Implants
- Zygoma Dental Implants
- Implant Dentures
- Single Dental Implants
- Dental Implants for Multiple Missing Teeth
- Emergency Dental Implants