Our periodontist office near Dallas, TX offers a variety of sedation dentistry options for patients who may suffer from dental anxiety and for patients undergoing any complex dental procedure like dental implants.
It is important to us that patients feel relaxed and comfortable during their dental procedure, which why we offer sedation options like IV Sedation. IV Sedation dentistry allows patients to not feel or remember anything from the treatment.
IV Sedation Dentistry, also known as Deep Conscious Sedation, is a specialized service that Dr. Bradley Dean is qualified to offer. IV Sedation Dentistry can only be offered by dentists and oral surgeons who have completed training and received certification in IV sedation.
Benefits of IV Sedation Dentistry
- IV sedation dentistry is more effective because it is administered directly into your blood stream. Dr. Dean will have more control over the level of sedation.
- The effects of IV sedation will wear off faster allowing for a faster recovery with fewer side effects compared to oral sedation.
- When using oral sedation dentistry, you must be accompanied by someone to your appointment because the sedative needs to be taken at least an hour before the procedure. You will not be capable of driving to your appointment if you choose this option. With IV sedation, you can take yourself to your appointment because the effects set in faster and wear-off faster. (Note: both options require a ride home after appointment)
- It’s the most powerful sedation dentistry option.
- IV sedation has an amnesic effect so patients will remember little, if anything, from the treatment.
- It allows for expert treatment administered by Dr. Dean, a certified Dallas, TX dentist.
Request a Sedation Dentistry Consultation Today
IV sedation dentistry is necessary for people who suffer from severe dental anxiety or fear of the dentist. It is also utilized for oral surgery. If suffer from this fear or anxiety or need invasive oral surgery, contact the office of Dr. Bradley Dean for a consultation. Here, he can explain how IV sedation dentistry works and review your medical history to see if you qualify for it.